Regularly scheduling fluid analysis on a transformer is an effective way to maintain your equipment and keep it performing at its best for longer.
Learn more about the importance of oil analysis and what the testing can tell you about your machine.
- What Does a Fluid Analysis for Transformers Involve?
- Why Do Oil Analysis on Transformers?
- Contact Power Products & Solutions for Testing Services
What Does a Fluid Analysis for Transformers Involve?
The transformer fluid analysis process involves taking oil samples from your electrical equipment. Professionals in a certified lab analyze the oil by running multiple tests to discover its chemical and physical properties.
Oil sampling can often be performed on-site before the samples are sent to the oil analysis lab. Professional technicians run the tests, and when you get the results back, you can identify any necessary changes or maintenance needs.
Transformers need servicing and fluid testing about every six months. Establishing a schedule for routine maintenance can help you keep your equipment performing at its best and avoid downtime.
What Does a Transformer Fluid Analysis Tell You?
The insulating fluid analysis helps determine the oil’s serviceability and condition.
Fluid analysis results often include measurements of the following:
- Flash point
- Power factor
- Inhibitor content
- Dielectric breakdown voltage
- Specific gravity
- Dissolved gas analysis
- Dissolved metals
- Interfacial tension
- Polychlorinated biphenyls
Why Do Oil Analysis on Transformers?
Routine fluid analysis on a transformer has many benefits for you and your electrical equipment. Explore the following advantages of running these tests:
- Detecting problems early: Fluid analysis results can help you identify potential issues before they evolve into major problems leading to costly downtime. The testing will help you avoid emergencies by allowing you to perform the necessary maintenance early.
- Maximizing your investment: Regular transformer maintenance can keep your equipment in peak condition and help you make the most of every dollar spent. Testing can also help you save money on costly repairs or replacements by helping you identify problem areas.
- Extending working life: Routine testing can provide important data about your machine and its trends, allowing you to improve how your equipment operates and extend its working life.
Contact Power Products & Solutions for Testing Services Today
If you need transformer oil analysis testing, turn to Power Products & Solutions. We offer maintenance testing for your electrical system to keep it performing at its best.
Are you ready to get started? Contact Power Products & Solutions to request service today!